1 hr 5 mins
Donna H's Note:
My husband is allergic to ALL seafood so I remove the sausage and vegetables before adding the seafood so he can enjoy it too. Note: If you'd like to cook everything together then skip step 4. Also may need to add the asparagus when you add the seafood so it doesn't over cook. Adjust the amounts of seafood to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 gallons water
- 2/3 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 (4 ounce) packages dry crab boil (I'm guessing at the size)
- 1 cup liquid crab boil concentrate
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 lemons, halved
- 3 yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 heads garlic, unpeeled and cut in halve
- 1 tablespoon emeril's creole seasoning (or your favorite)
- 5 bay leaves
- 24 -36 ounces beer
- 1Using a stock pot with a basket insert combine the stock ingredients and bring to a boil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 2Add the sausage, potatoes and corn, cover and return to a boil, boil 5 minutes.
- 3Add asparagus and boil for 5 minutes or until asparagus is done.
- 4Remove vegetables.
- 5Return stock to a boil.
- 6Add the crawfish, shrimp and crab, cover and turn off the flame.
- 7Allow the mixture to steep for 15–20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Boil
Serving Size: 1 (2403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1297.9
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 1100.8 mg
- Sodium 12742.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 159.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid crab boil concentrate