This is my daddy's recipe, if you want to call it that. It's the way that he cooks our fresh okra when we ask him to fry it. I like it much better than flour dipped okra as you seem to get more taste.
- Mix your cornmeal and salt well in a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
- Add okra, about 1 1/2 cups at a time.
- Close bag and shake to cover okra completely with cornmeal mixture.
- Fry in a cast iron skillet in vegetable or corn oil (I like corn oil best) until okra floats and turns a light brown.
- Watch this carefully as once it begins to brown, it does so very quickly.
- Repeat process until all okra is fried.