Delicious side dish for breakfast or dinner. The Gouda gives a taste unlike other cheese grits I have had. Of course, cheddar or other cheese can be substituted. I got this from a lady in Louisiana.
- Bring broth, milk and seasoning to boil.
- Stir in grits.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Stir occasionally (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add cheese and butter.
- Stir until melted and the consistency is to your liking.
- I like my grits on the runny side.
- Easily doubled or tripled or more.
Excellent! Had it with steak but probably would not mind for bfast too!
I used low-fat broth, and fat-free milk to bring this dish to about 250 Calories. Still tastes delicious!
These are some of the best grits I have ever had. I am from N. Carolina snd have been eating grits as long as I can remember. The night I made the recipe, all I wanted was the grits! Really can't say how good and easy this recipe is.