1/1 Photo of Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits
LSU Tiger's Note:
Delicious side dish for breakfast or dinner. The Gouda gives a taste unlike other cheese grits I have had. Of course, cheddar or other cheese can be substituted. I got this from a lady in Louisiana.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring broth, milk and seasoning to boil.
- 2Stir in grits.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer.
- 4Stir occasionally (about 5-10 minutes).
- 5Add cheese and butter.
- 6Stir until melted and the consistency is to your liking.
- 7I like my grits on the runny side.
- 8Easily doubled or tripled or more.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.7
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 786.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 14.0 g