This is a great twist on traditional fried or smothered cabbage - taken from the Tony's Seafood of Louisiana website (who are quoting a Mulate's recipe). How can we go wrong? YUMMO!! My DH brought me a tee back from Mulate's when he was down helping recovery efforts after Hurricane Katrina - needless to say we love the region and the food - and now I can say I "perk" up a bit when I see Mulate's anywhere. I can't wait to get down there myself just to sample my way around the region! How DO I get one of those traveling shows myself? ;)--
- In a large saucepan, brown sausage over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cover.
- Cook about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and add seasonings, cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve as a main dish over rice or as a side with some cornbread, of course. ;).
- Enjoy! ;).