1/6 Photos of Smothered Cabbage
1 hr 5 mins
Mommy Diva's Note:
This is a great twist on traditional fried or smothered cabbage - taken from the Tony's Seafood of Louisiana website (who are quoting a Mulate's recipe). How can we go wrong? YUMMO!! My DH brought me a tee back from Mulate's when he was down helping recovery efforts after Hurricane Katrina - needless to say we love the region and the food - and now I can say I "perk" up a bit when I see Mulate's anywhere. I can't wait to get down there myself just to sample my way around the region! How DO I get one of those traveling shows myself? ;)--
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, brown sausage over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- 3Add cabbage and cover.
- 4Cook about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Uncover and add seasonings, cook 5 minutes more.
- 6Serve as a main dish over rice or as a side with some cornbread, of course. ;).
- 7Enjoy! ;).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.0
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 1564.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 16.8 g