1/2 Photos of Smothered Pork Chops
Seared pork chops covered with fresh mushrooms, then baked smothered in a sinfully delicious sauce full or bacon, onions, cream, and a touch tomato sauce. A dish so full of flavor everyone will be wandering around the house looking for their socks. Quick and easy comfort food sure to please family and dinner guests. Note:The tomato sauce can be substituted with ketchup or tomato paste in a tube.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F and Grease a 9" X 16" dish.
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over high heat.
- 3Season chops with salt and pepper. Sear chops 2 minutes on each side.
- 4Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with quartered mushrooms.
- 5Add onions and bacon to same skillet and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent and bacon is crisp, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add flour and paprika to skillet and increase heat to medium/high.
- 7Stir in whipping cream and broth, scraping up browned bits. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 8Stir in tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Pour sauce over mushrooms and chops.
- 10Bake uncovered until chops are tender 20-25 minutes.
- 11Serve sauce over rice or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 792.8
- Calories from Fat 528
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 248.1 mg
- Sodium 545.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 56.8 g