Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Seared pork chops covered with fresh mushrooms, then baked smothered in a sinfully delicious sauce full or bacon, onions, cream, and a touch tomato sauce. A dish so full of flavor everyone will be wandering around the house looking for their socks. Quick and easy comfort food sure to please family and dinner guests. Note:The tomato sauce can be substituted with ketchup or tomato paste in a tube.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and Grease a 9" X 16" dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over high heat.
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Sear chops 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with quartered mushrooms.
- Add onions and bacon to same skillet and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent and bacon is crisp, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour and paprika to skillet and increase heat to medium/high.
- Stir in whipping cream and broth, scraping up browned bits. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over mushrooms and chops.
- Bake uncovered until chops are tender 20-25 minutes.
- Serve sauce over rice or mashed potatoes.
I love this recipe! I use tomato paste instead of sauce and serve with mashed cauliflower for an awesome low carb supper. Leaves us wanting to lick our plates!
This is one of the best recipes I have found on th e zaar. It quickly became a family favorite. I prepare it as the recipe is and have served with mashed potatoes and with rice, both are great, we can't decide which is better!!
I tried this recipe and it was great. I had to make adjustments so I could use what I had in the kitchen. I used tomato paste and it still turned out fantastic.