These have a savory sauce that's a nice change of pace. The gravy is tasty enough to eat on its own with just a hunk of good bread.
- 4 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄2-1 cup red wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, not drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Salt & pepper chops, and brown in a wide, deep saute pan in 1 T of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Remove to a plate & set aside. Saute the shallots in the pan for 2 min, then deglaze the pan w/ the wine. Keep over med-high heat until half of the wine has evaporated.
- Add all remaining sauce ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Place the chops in the sauce and cover with the sauce. Bring to the simmer, cover and let simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
- YOU CAN ALSO DO THIS RECIPE IN THE CROCK POT IF YOU LIKE - BROWN CHOPS, COMBINE ALL SAUCE INGREDIENTS INCL SHALLOTS & RED WINE - PUT CHOPS & SAUCE IN POT & COOK FOR 8 HOURS ON LOW OR FOR 4 HOURS ON HIGH.
- Serve over rice or noodles.