1/2 Photos of Smothered Pork Chops With Fried Onion Rings
1 hr 15 mins
Very easy and delicious. This uses the "canned" fried onion rings. Found the recipe in a local prep school's 1995 cookbook (Pingry) which I bought in the library book sale. The recipe was submitted by Connie Fayen. Note: You can use plain yogurt instead of the sour cream. Found another variation which has all the same ingredients PLUS 1/2 tsp. ginger and 1/4 tsp. crushed rosemary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chops with salt, pepper and whatever else you like (I like garlic powder) and brown chops in margarine or butter; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Place the browned chops in single layer in a glass baking dish.
- 4Heat the mushroom soup, plus 1/2 a can of water and thyme and mix well.(In the same pan that the chops were browning in- thanks Ms_Bold!).
- 5When blended, mix in sour cream, parsley, and crushed fried onions (reserve some for sprinkling over the top).
- 6Pour this mixture over the chops and then sprinkle the remaining reserved onions on top.
- 7Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- 8Remove cover for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Pork Chops With Fried Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.1
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 235.8 mg
- Sodium 709.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 64.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French's French fried onions