Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet onions and lemon make this version of cabbage salad just yummy refreshing salad.
Make and share this Southern Cabbage Salad With Sweet Onion and Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cabbage (1 small cabbage, finely shredded)
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow or green or a combination, julienned)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 onion (Oso Sweet quartered, sliced thinly)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Mix vegetables in a large bowl.
- Thoroughly combine lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper; whisk in oil.
- Fold into vegetables.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Store up to 12 hours in the refrigerator to marry flavors.
- Return to room temperature before serving.
This was so very nice, very colourful and easy to do. I didnt let it sit for the 12 hours as I kept munching on it during the day. I will make it again and pretend it isnt in the fridge.
This salad was lovely Rita. Very refreshing. All the flavours pop, creating an unusual and unique taste experience. We enjoyed this very much. The flavours and textures are subtle and work very well together. Visually a very pretty dish, thanks for sharing.