1/3 Photos of Southern Cabbage Salad With Sweet Onion and Peppers
Sweet onions and lemon make this version of cabbage salad just yummy refreshing salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cabbage (1 small cabbage, finely shredded)
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow or green or a combination, julienned)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 onion (Oso Sweet quartered, sliced thinly)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1Mix vegetables in a large bowl.
- 2Thoroughly combine lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper; whisk in oil.
- 3Fold into vegetables.
- 4Season to taste with salt.
- 5Store up to 12 hours in the refrigerator to marry flavors.
- 6Return to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Cabbage Salad With Sweet Onion and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.5
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 411.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g