Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hit movie was also named after this recipe. It's one of the first Southern recipes to be introduced to me by a neighbor when we were in Georgia. I've been hooked on them since then.
- Cut tomatoes into ½ inch thick slices.
- Sprinkle both sides of each slice with salt and pepper.
- Dip slices into milk then in flour.
- Dip into eggs then into breadcrumbs.
- In a 10-inch skillet cook half of the slices at a time in hot oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each sides or till brown.
- (If tomatoes begin to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium-low).
- Add more oil, if needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Very good. I have been over run with tomatos from my mother's garden. Thought that I would try various recipes for green tomatos. Good flavor with the breadcrumbs. I like them.