Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Growing up in the south this side dish/veggie was a main staple. Especially when you have home grown veggies on hand.
- Slice okra in 1/4-inch slices.
- Wash in cold water.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, salt, and pepper together.
- Roll okra in cornmeal mix.
- Fry in hot skillet for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels or brown paper bags.
My family loves this recipe! I also cut up an onion and roll it in the corn meal with the okra.