Great served with shrimp or fish!
Make and share this Spicy Cajun Bacon Cabbage Slaw Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain, reserving the drippings.
- Slice the cabbage fairly thin. Saute in the reserved bacon drippings just until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes with chilis, sugar, and vinegar.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, just until heated through, stirring often.
- Crumble the bacon and stir into the cabbage mixture. Serve warm.
I took your suggestion and served it with "Ginger Beer Battered Fish". It was sweet and sour at the same time. I didn't have purple cabbage, so it was not as colorful as it should have been. But when your neighbor gives you cabbage from his garden, you don't pass up. I also didn't have tomatoes with green chilis, so I used diced tomatoes and add some green chilis to it. Will make again. Made for Photo Tag.
I really liked this along with pork chops tonight for dinner. A little sweet and a little sour, the ingedients came together well. I used a regular head of cabbage and it wasn't as colorful as the purple, but it still tasted good! Thanks for sharing Loof! Linda