Janet Knowles's Note:
This recipe was a fortunate "accident" I had with leftover cabbage a few years ago but it is so good I find myself craving it. I'm the only one in my family that likes cabbage so I get to eat all of it by myself:)Hope you like it. The seasonings are approximations. This is supposed to be sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the sausage and keep it chopped up like hamburger.
- 2Add in the cabbage, tomatos, salsa and spices.
- 3Continue to cook down on low boil for about 15-20 minutes.
- 4Put one cup water into the mixture with the noodles.
- 5Cook till the noodles are soft.
- 6Turn the heat off and cover the pot.
- 7Allow to set about another 30 minutes before serving.
- 8The longer this sits, the better it tastes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cajun Cabbage and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.7
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 1705.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: