Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I came up with just because I had bought a cabbage, didn't know how to cook it, and had these ingridients for it. lol! It came out pretty great, and was even good the next day on an Asian chicken sandwich. Enjoy!
- Cut the cabbage into 1-inch cubes and seperate the layers.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- After pan is hit, add the cabbage and sprinkle on the steak seasoning, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Saute the cabbage for about 15 minutes until brown.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pan and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and continue to cook until the cabbage is completely brown.
- Add the nutmeg (or cinnamon), and then sprinkle on the cheese before serving.