This is a recipe that I came up with just because I had bought a cabbage, didn't know how to cook it, and had these ingridients for it. lol! It came out pretty great, and was even good the next day on an Asian chicken sandwich. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the cabbage into 1-inch cubes and seperate the layers.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 3After pan is hit, add the cabbage and sprinkle on the steak seasoning, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes.
- 4Saute the cabbage for about 15 minutes until brown.
- 5Add 1/2 cup water to the pan and cover with a lid.
- 6Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Uncover and continue to cook until the cabbage is completely brown.
- 8Add the nutmeg (or cinnamon), and then sprinkle on the cheese before serving.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sauteed Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 61.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning