Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I came up with just because I had bought a cabbage, didn't know how to cook it, and had these ingridients for it. lol! It came out pretty great, and was even good the next day on an Asian chicken sandwich. Enjoy!
- Cut the cabbage into 1-inch cubes and seperate the layers.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- After pan is hit, add the cabbage and sprinkle on the steak seasoning, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Saute the cabbage for about 15 minutes until brown.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pan and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and continue to cook until the cabbage is completely brown.
- Add the nutmeg (or cinnamon), and then sprinkle on the cheese before serving.
Yummy! So tasty and different than the way I usually make cabbage. I thinly sliced the cabbage and added some thinly sliced onion. Left out the nutmeg, only because I forgot to add it. Left out the cheese, just to cut back on calories. Looking forward to making this again, using the nutmeg and the cheese. Thanks for posting your recipe!