Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This recipe if for 3 different kinds of ice cream. Cinnamon Or Peach Cobbler Or Apple Pie Ice Cream. Follow the directions at the bottom of the recipe for the Peach Cobbler or Apple Pie instructions. Talk about GOOD! YummmmmmmmmmOOOOOOOOOooooo! Cooking time does not include the process of making the ice cream in the machine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cinnamon Ice Cream
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cinnamon, baking bits
Directions for Peach Cobbler or Apple Pie Ice Cream Below
- 1Coarsely grind cinnamon baking bits in blender or processor. Set aside.
- 2Combine milk, cream, in a large saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla beans, and throw in beans. Bring to a simmer.
- 3Wisk sugar and egg yolks to blend in a glass bowl.
- 4Gradually add, whisking the egg mixture the whole time into the hot cream mixture.
- 5Return mixture to same saucepan. Stir over med-low heat until custard starts to thicken and will leave a path on the back of a spoon when finger is drawn across, about 5-6 minutes. Please do not boil. Strain into a large bowl. (I leave seeds because I like them)
- 6Whisk in ground cinamon.
- 7Chill until cold.
- 8Transfer to ice cream maker, and process according to manufacturers instructions.
- 9Last 5-6 minutes of mixing, add the grated cinnamon bits to ice cream mixture.
- 10To Make Peach Cobbler Ice Cream, or Apple Pie Ice Cream:.
- 11Instead of adding the cinnamon bits at the end:.
- 12Add 2 cups of either Apple Pie, or your own Peach Cobbler to the other ingredients, and let it work for a few minutes just to blend into the ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sue's Cinnamon, Peach Cobbler or Apple Pie Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1006.7
- Calories from Fat 677
- Total Fat 75.3 g
- Saturated Fat 45.0 g
- Cholesterol 502.7 mg
- Sodium 120.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 61.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: