Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe if for 3 different kinds of ice cream. Cinnamon Or Peach Cobbler Or Apple Pie Ice Cream. Follow the directions at the bottom of the recipe for the Peach Cobbler or Apple Pie instructions. Talk about GOOD! YummmmmmmmmmOOOOOOOOOooooo! Cooking time does not include the process of making the ice cream in the machine.
- Coarsely grind cinnamon baking bits in blender or processor. Set aside.
- Combine milk, cream, in a large saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla beans, and throw in beans. Bring to a simmer.
- Wisk sugar and egg yolks to blend in a glass bowl.
- Gradually add, whisking the egg mixture the whole time into the hot cream mixture.
- Return mixture to same saucepan. Stir over med-low heat until custard starts to thicken and will leave a path on the back of a spoon when finger is drawn across, about 5-6 minutes. Please do not boil. Strain into a large bowl. (I leave seeds because I like them)
- Whisk in ground cinamon.
- Chill until cold.
- Transfer to ice cream maker, and process according to manufacturers instructions.
- Last 5-6 minutes of mixing, add the grated cinnamon bits to ice cream mixture.
- To Make Peach Cobbler Ice Cream, or Apple Pie Ice Cream:.
- Instead of adding the cinnamon bits at the end:.
- Add 2 cups of either Apple Pie, or your own Peach Cobbler to the other ingredients, and let it work for a few minutes just to blend into the ice cream.