Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I learned this recipe in a speech class 4 years ago, my first semester in college! When my husband and I make it for parties, it's gone about as quickly as it's taken from the oven! It's always a big hit, and some of our friends even request it! The time is approximate, as is the amount of margarine/butter. Play around with it.
- 0.5 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 lb canned peaches in heavy syrup
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, thinly sliced
- in a square baking dish, pour canned peaches (or whatever other canned fruit you choose) into the bottom, using only about 1/2 the syrup that's in the can.
- Cover the peaches with 1/2 a box of white cake mix.
- Thinly slice a stick of margarine (or butter) and arrange the slices so they (basically) cover the surface of the white cake mix.
- Bake at about 350F for about an hour, or until the peach juice seems to have been well-absorbed, and the butter has melted on top, creating a nice, lightly-browned, crumbly topping.
- Serve topped with vanilla ice cream, if desired.