1 hr 15 mins
I learned this recipe in a speech class 4 years ago, my first semester in college! When my husband and I make it for parties, it's gone about as quickly as it's taken from the oven! It's always a big hit, and some of our friends even request it! The time is approximate, as is the amount of margarine/butter. Play around with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 lb canned peaches in heavy syrup
- 1/2 cup margarine, thinly sliced
- 1in a square baking dish, pour canned peaches (or whatever other canned fruit you choose) into the bottom, using only about 1/2 the syrup that's in the can.
- 2Cover the peaches with 1/2 a box of white cake mix.
- 3Thinly slice a stick of margarine (or butter) and arrange the slices so they (basically) cover the surface of the white cake mix.
- 4Bake at about 350F for about an hour, or until the peach juice seems to have been well-absorbed, and the butter has melted on top, creating a nice, lightly-browned, crumbly topping.
- 5Serve topped with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super-Easy Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 283.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g