Joe Bob Mac's Note:
Mom made this for us kids and it became something that was requested. Hard to believe, an organ meat that my mother turned into what we, as kids, considered delectable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 2 liters of Coca-Cola to a rolling boil in a large stockpot.
- 2Place rinsed gizzards in boiling pot.
- 3Bring back to a rolling boil, reduce heat to steady simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
- 4Remove gizzards and drain.
- 5Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. The cooler the better.
- 6In the divided flour, mix the seasoning in one half (leaving the other half plain). Beat the eggs well-- place the butter in a medium-large skillet and heat until hot, while not burning.
- 7Take cooled gizzards, dredge in flour,egg, then seasoned flour.
- 8THIS IS THE VERY IMPORTANT PART!
- 9FLOUR-- EGG-- SEASONED FLOUR-- IN THAT ORDER!
- 10Place the gizzards in the fry pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, turning occasionally. Remove when golden brown.
You Might Also Like...View All Soul Food Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tender Chicken Gizzards
Serving Size: 1 (641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.3
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 293.0 mg
- Sodium 291.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: