Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
So easy and delicious....from Southern Living.
Make and share this Easy, Creamy Cheese Grits recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken broth and whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the grits, and return to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
I am glad to finally get the methods and measurements to make cheese grits, but I have to admit these tasted a little off to me. I think I was getting too much of the chicken stock flavor and not enough of the cheese flavor. Next time I will make with water and hopefully they will come out great.
Great grits...added salt, pepper and a little dash of garlic powder. Subbed skim milk, still very creamy.
Loved these but had to add salt and pepper. Thanks for making Christmas morning awesome!